Best way to generate leads?
Hi all. First of all, let’s define what lead is. Lead can be anything from an email subscriber to a product sales, app download, etc …
To simplify things, let’s take a look at what lead means for me. I recently wrote a report called Traffic Torrent System which you can download for free. It’s a short report of 5 traffic sources that you can start using today for free. I am not sorry for ad plug. Anyway, lead for me means getting a subscriber.
So what is the best way to generate leads?
Obviously, to generate leads, you need to get traffic to your offer page. To be honest, there is no such thing as the best way to generate leads. Why? Every offer and industry is different and there is no such thing as one size fits all. Also, you can always use several traffic generation methods, not just one. Internet marketing, in general, is a mix of traffic methods, branding, etc … to expose your brand/product to relevant audiences. So let’s dive into some of the traffic generation methods.
Search engine optimisation
If you read my book – Traffic Torrent System then you already read a little bit about SEO and how to drive organic traffic through search engines. You write content related to your industry (obviously). If you are stuck in generating ideas, here are a few topics:
- industry news
- reviews of related products/services
- staff spotlight (if you have an employee who did something remarkable this week/month)
- case studies
- answer email publicly (without outing sender’s personal details, of course)
- testimonials of clients
One of my favourite resources is AnswerThePublic – it’s free to use (or you can upgrade but I have never used their upgraded version so I can’t tell the difference). Just put your keyword/industry in the box and you will get hundreds of ideas. Some might not make sense but a lot of them will.
In Traffic Torrent System, I also speak of social media. To put simply, you post related stuff on your social media, participate in conversations, comment on related posts, engage with your followers, etc …
I also mention that it is always worth to follow Gary Vee as he is one of the best guys who’s got a huge YouTube channel and talks a lot about social media. Lots of free content there.
I haven’t included forum marketing in the book because I started doing this again quite recently. The way it works is you find a related forum to your niche and then engage in forum by creating related topics and replying to topics.
There is a lot of confusion with this technique. First, let’s briefly talk how it works. Almost every forum allows signature (a block of text that is visible under every post you write). Almost all forums allow links there (you will need to check forum rules first – some forums may allow 1 link while others won’t allow any). So if you link to your offer from your signature, after every reply, people will be able to see your link, and if interested, they will click on it.
Of course, a lot of SEO experts say that forums don’t work but they only do this from SEO standpoint. Most forums will have no-follow links (which means that if a link is no-follow, it will not affect site rankings in anyway) therefore, SEOs aren’t bothered. However, we are not doing forum marketing to get rankings – we are doing this to get traffic. So we are not bothered if link is do-follow or no-follow.
So once you set up your forum profile, you need to start to engage. Just try to help people out and I am sure you will be noticed. This is quite a long term traffic generation method but it will work for a very long time. For example, one of my blogs still gets traffic from old replies I posted years ago. I would also suggest to post a few messages a week.
In order to find big forums in your industry, all you need to do is search on Google, for example “[your industry] forum” or “[your industry] discussion board”. So, for me, it’s quite simple – SEO forum, SEO discussion board, internet marketing forum, etc …
As I said a few paragraphs above, I just started using this technique again. I am documenting everything. In couple of months I will let you know the results – how many messages I wrote, what I wrote, which forums I used, how much traffic I gained, how many leads (subscribers to my report) I got, etc …
Of course, if you want instant traffic then you will need to use paid ads. I will not get into it too deep but here’s the general ads:
- PPC (pay per click) – You pay everytime someone click on link to get to your site (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, etc …)
- Media buys – these are usually cheap but hardly converts (depends on niche) – sadly, I don’t have much of experience with media buys but this is something I plan on testing this year so I let you know more about media buys once I learn more.
- Banner ads – you can buy banner ad space from other website. You can contact website owners directly or you use sites like BuySellAds.com, ProjectWonderful.com
- Sponsorships – you can get a sponsored posts or links from sites. You can also sponsor an event or something. It usually costs a lot of money.
- Many others …
As you can see, there is no such thing as best way to generate leads. If you have any specific question about anything related to generating leads or traffic, drop me a message and I will respond to you as soon as I can.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Traffic Source #6 of 12: Get Traffic Using Virtual Conferences - 24th July 2019
- Traffic Source #5 of 12: Increase Traffic Using Virtual Summits - 17th July 2019
- Traffic Source #4 of 12: Using Guest Posts To Drive Targeted Traffic - 10th July 2019